Sunday, January 25, 2009

It's still freezing up here

Boy this cold weather just won't let go up here. The last couple nights have been in the -25 range. Next week it i supposed to warm up, I sure hope so this does get tiring. We are thinking of going away for a few days just can't decide where to go. I would love to go to Tucson both to see a couple relatives and also to go to the Gem Show. We went last year and found it fascinating. I never knew that there where fluorescent rocks that actually glow under black light.

Have been working on a beaded purse. There are over 14 thousand beads in it. It has really been a labor of love, hope to finish soon. Maybe it has been a good thing that it has been cold, If the weather would have been nice I know I wouldn't be getting much beading or sewing done, would have been outside doing things.

We do a lot of snowshoeing weather permitting but the weather sure hasn't been permitting at -20 or so since that is without the windchill. I think windchills have been around -45. Have managed to get in a little ice fishing, there is a least 4 feet of ice on the lakes.

Think I better get back to beading.

2 comments:

  1. What type of beaded purse are you making? Croched?

    14,000? Did you count all the beads? ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fully beaded with seed beads. I pretty much did count them all, I was done on a loom so only so many go in each row.

    ReplyDelete